How to install VMware Tools in Kali Linux?
Installing VMware Tools in Kali Linux involves two steps:
1. First, you need to download the VMware Tools package from the official VMware website.
2. Once you have downloaded the package, open a terminal and change directory to the directory where the package is stored.
3. Now extract the package with the command “tar –xzvf <vmware-tool-package>”
4. After the extraction process is complete, change directory to the “vmtools-distrib” folder.
5. Now run the “vmware-install.pl” installation script.
6. Follow the command line instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
7. Finally, restart the virtual machine for the changes to take effect.
What is the best Linux distribution for Debian beginners?
Ubuntu is the best Linux distribution for Debian beginners. It is based on Debian, so users can experience the same core features, while also receiving more up-to-date features and official support. There is also an official Ubuntu website that provides helpful resources such as tutorials and user forums.
Will a Windows 7 PC boot Linux?
Yes, a Windows 7 PC can boot Linux if the disk drive is configured to support it. Linux installation on a Windows 7 computer generally requires a simple process of creating a partition on the disk drive, installing the Linux OS on the new partition, and then changing the boot settings to boot Linux instead of Windows.
Why does SteamOS use Arch Linux?
SteamOS is based on Arch Linux due to its lightweight nature, fast package management system and rolling release system. Arch Linux is a very popular Linux distro amongst Linux users due to its speed, ease of use, flexibility, and customization. Additionally, Arch Linux provides a repository of the most up to date open source applications and packages, making it an ideal platform for game-related applications.
What is a busy file system in Linux?
A busy file system in Linux is one that is actively engaged in operations like creating, deleting, or editing files and directories. This type of file system can experience a lot of strain due to the high levels of disk read and write operations, resulting in degraded performance and increased latency.
Is there a working CI to publish native Windows and Linux binaries?
Yes, there are a number of different solutions available for automated Continuous Integration (CI) of native Windows and Linux binaries. Popular options include Jenkins, Travis CI, TeamCity, Bamboo, and CircleCI. These services will allow you to set up automated tasks such as building, testing and deploying your binaries easily to Windows and/or Linux environments.
How do I install the codedeploy agent for Amazon Linux or RHEL?
The CodeDeploy agent for Amazon Linux or RHEL can be installed using the following steps.
1. Log into your AWS account and download the CodeDeploy agent package.
2. Open the terminal and install the CodeDeploy agent with the following command:
sudo yum install codedeploy-agent-VERSION-arch.noarch.rpm
3. Configure the CodeDeploy agent. To do this, open the new configuration file located at /etc/codedeploy-agent/conf/codedeploy.onf and provide the AWS access key ID, the AWS secret access key, and the IAM user name.
4. Finally, start the CodeDeploy agent with the following command:
sudo service codedeploy-agent start
How do I ping a website on Linux?
To ping a website on Linux, open the terminal and type in the command:
For example, to ping Google.com, you would type in: