How did Andrew Carnegie become a philanthropist?
Andrew Carnegie became a philanthropist when he sold his business, Carnegie Steel, to J.P. Morgan for $480 million in 1901. He decided to devote the rest of his life to philanthropy. He believed that those who possess great wealth derived from the labor of others, in his case Carnegie Steel, had a moral obligation to use it for the good of society, so he donated large sums of money to education, world peace, and scientific research. He established the Carnegie Corporation, a philanthropic organization devoted to scientific and educational advancement.
What causes nonallergic rhinitis (hives)?
Nonallergic rhinitis is not caused by hives. Nonallergic rhinitis can be caused by a range of triggers such as irritants in the air, viral infections, fluctuations in the weather, emotional stress, and the use of certain medications.
Which foods are good for constipation?
1. High-fiber fruits and vegetables, such as apples, pears, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, and artichoke.
2. Whole grains, such as oatmeal, whole-wheat bread, and whole-grain cereals.
3. Foods with probiotics, such as yogurt, miso, sauerkraut, and kimchi.
4. Legumes and beans, such as black beans, kidney beans, lentils, and chickpeas.
5. Nuts and seeds, such as almonds, flaxseeds, and chia seeds.
6. Starchy vegetables, such as potatoes and sweet potatoes.
7. Prunes and prune juice.
8. Water and other fluids, such as herbal teas.
Why is it so hard to make a good game?
Making a good game is hard because it involves a lot of complicated processes. These processes include developing a compelling story, designing engaging game mechanics, creating an immersive world, drawing characters and objects, coding, testing, and debugging. Each of these components requires a high degree of skill and effort, making it difficult to create a good game. It's also hard to please all gamers, as tastes and preferences vary, so making a game that appeals to a wide audience is an even greater challenge.
How can you use the .split() method to split a string into a list?
To use the .split() method to split a string into a list, use the following syntax:
my_string = "a,b,c,d,e"
my_list = my_string.split(",")
# my_list = ['a', 'b', 'c', 'd', 'e']