Is it bad to have two antivirus on Windows 10?
Having two antivirus programs installed on a Windows 10 computer can cause serious conflicts and puts your system in danger. It is recommended to only have one active antivirus program installed at a time.
Can Surface devices be upgraded to Windows 10?
Yes, it is possible to upgrade a Surface device to Windows 10. To do this, connect your device to the internet, and then select the Start button followed by Settings > Update & security > Windows Update > Check for updates. You will then proceed with the normal Windows 10 setup and installation.
What is BranchCache in Windows 7?
BranchCache is a technology introduced in Windows 7 that increases the performance of accessing content in a wide area network (WAN) environment. It works by caching content locally at branch offices or remote locations so that users there can quickly access often-used content without having to repeatedly request it over the wide-area network. It can improve application performance and user experience when accessing remote content and can reduce bandwidth utilization across the WAN link. BranchCache supports two modes: Hosted Cache and Distributed Cache.
How can you recover lost files on Windows 10?
1. Use File History: File History is a feature offered by Windows 10 to help you back up your data and keep track of your files. You can use this tool to recover files that you may have accidentally deleted, or lost due to hardware or software failure. To find lost files using File History, open the Control Panel, type “File History” into the search box and click “Restore personal files”.
2. Use the Recycle Bin: The Recycle Bin is a virtual trash can located on your Windows 10 desktop where files you delete are stored. To recover files from the Recycle Bin, right-click the icon, choose “Open”, select the files you want to recover and click “Restore”.
3. Use System Restore: System Restore is another Windows 10 feature that allows you to create screenshots of your system in different points in time. You can use this feature to return to a previous state and recover lost files. To use System Restore, type “System Restore” into the search box in the Control Panel and click “Create a restore point”.
4. Use Data Recovery Software: Data recovery software can be used to scan your computer for lost files, even those that have been deleted or formatted. Popular data recovery software includes Recuva, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free and Wondershare Data Recovery.
How to open UWP File Explorer on Windows 10?
1. Open the Start Menu
2. Type "File Explorer" into the search box.
3. Click on the File Explorer icon found in the results.
4. The UWP File Explorer will open up displaying your folders on the left side and the contents of your current folder on the right.
How to install fonts in Windows 10 with attachments?
1. Download the font file(s) from the website you purchased it from or the website that your received it from.
2. Extract the font file(s) from the zip file if applicable by right-clicking the file and selecting Extract All.
3. Open the location where the font files were extracted, and select the entire folder that contains the font files.
4. Right-click the folder, and select Install from the context menu. This will add the fonts to the Windows font library.
5. While the font installation is in progress, a confirmation message will appear that the font is being installed. After the font is installed, it will be available in all of your applications.
6. If you still need to install multiple fonts, you can repeat this process for each font.
How do I enable software restriction in Windows XP?
To enable Software Restriction Policies (SRP) on Windows XP, follow these steps:
1. Open the Start menu and select “Run”.
2. Type “gpedit.msc” and press Enter.
3. Navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Installer.
4. Double-click the "Software restriction policies" option.
5. Select “Enforce Software Restriction Policies.”
6. Click “OK” to save the changes.
7. Navigate to Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Software Restriction Policies.
8. Right-click on the Software Restriction Policies folder and select “New Software Restriction Policies.”
9. Select the appropriate settings for your needs and apply them.
10. Restart the system for the changes to take effect.
How do I block certain apps from running in Windows 10?
1. Use the Group Policy Editor: Open the Windows Run command (Windows Key + R) and type in 'gpedit.msc'. This will open Group Policy Editor. Go to Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System -> Don’t Run Specified Windows Applications. You can then specify which applications you would like to block.
2. Use AppLocker: AppLocker is a feature included with Windows 10 Enterprise and Education editions. It provides more granular control of which applications local and domain users are allowed to execute. To use AppLocker, open Local Group Policy Editor (Windows Key + R, type in 'gpedit.msc') and go to Computer Configuration -> Windows Settings -> Security Settings -> Application Control Policies -> AppLocker.
3. Use Software Restriction Policies: The Software Restriction Policies feature lets you control which applications are allowed to run on your computer. SRP can be used to block certain applications from running. To use SRP, open Local Group Policy Editor (Windows Key + R, type in 'gpedit.msc') and go to Computer Configuration -> Windows Settings -> Security Settings -> Software Restriction Policies.
How do I restart Windows 10?
1. Press the Windows Start button and select the Power button.
2. Select Restart from the menu that appears.
3. Your computer will restart and will display the Windows 10 login screen.
How to install and connect Garmin GPS in Windows 10?
1. Install Garmin Express: First, visit the official Garmin page and download Garmin Express. This is a software program used to update, manage, and configure your Garmin GPS device.
2. Connect the Garmin GPS Device to the Computer: Turn on your Garmin GPS device and connect it to the PC using a USB cable.
3. Register and Log-in Garmin Express: Once the application is open, create an account and log in with your credentials. Follow the onscreen instructions and you should be ready to receive updates in no time.
4. Sync Your Garmin GPS Device: Select the device you want to sync from the list of connected devices. Select the ‘Sync’ button to update any available new maps and software for the device.
5. Disconnect the Device: Once the sync is complete, you can safely disconnect the device from the PC.