How to auto-hide the taskbar in Windows 10?
1. Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
2. Select Taskbar Settings from the menu.
3. Toggle the Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode option to on.
How to automatically delete temporary files in Windows 10?
1. Open up File Explorer > This PC.
2. Go to the folder containing your temporary files. The path is typically: %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Temp
3. Right click the folder and click Properties.
4. Select the Security tab and click Advanced.
5. Select the “Owner” tab, hit Edit and select the Administrators group.
6. Click Apply and then click OK.
7. Go back to the folder and right-click it again. This time select “Properties” and go to the “General” tab.
8. At the bottom, select “Discard to delete all files and folders in the Temp folder”.
9. Set the frequency to “Daily” and click Apply.
10. Launch Task Scheduler and set up a daily task to delete files in the Temp folder.
11. Under Actions, select “Start a Program” and select cmd.exe
12. In the Add arguments (optional) area, enter /c “RD /S /Q %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Temp\*.*” and click OK.
13. Close Task Scheduler and set the daily task to run at the same time every day.
How do I swap keys on Windows 10?
You can use the Windows keyboard shortcuts to swap keys in Windows 10. Here's how:
1. Press the Windows and X keys at the same time and select Control Panel from the list that appears.
2. In the Control Panel window, click on the “Change Keyboards or Other Input Methods” option.
3. Click on the “Change Key Sequence” button.
4. Check the box next to “Swap command keys”.
5. Click “OK”.
Your keys are now swapped and the change should now be in effect.
How do I get Windows 10 updates from multiple sources?
1) Set your Windows Update settings to download updates from multiple sources. To do this, open the Windows Updates Settings page (Windows Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update). Then, under "Advanced options," select "Delivery Optimization," and check the boxes for "Allow downloads from other PCs" and "Allow downloads from PCs on my local network."
2) Install an app like WSUS Offline Update. This allows you to download updates from Microsoft and other sources to install manually.
3) Install an app like Windows Update MiniTool. This allows you to select individual updates from multiple sources, giving you more control over what updates you install.
4) Install third-party updates from websites. Depending on your system’s hardware and configuration, you might be able to find updates for drivers, BIOS, and firmware from the manufacturer’s website. You can also find third-party patches and updates from websites like MajorGeeks and Download.com.
How do I stop Windows 10 from restarting?
1. Go to the Start menu, select Settings
2. Choose Update & Security
3. Select "Windows Update" on the left side
4. Select "Advanced Options"
5. Select "Choose how updates are installed"
6. Select "Notify to schedule restart"
7. Click the "OK" button at the bottom of the window.
How do I Manage my privacy settings on Windows 10?
1. Go to the Start Menu and click on the Settings icon.
2. Select the Privacy option on the list of settings.
3. Select the setting or settings you would like to adjust from the list on the left-hand side of the screen.
4. Use the slider bars to adjust each setting as desired.
5. Select the “Save Changes” button to save your settings.
How to backup large files in Windows 10?
1. Use File History:
Make sure you have an external hard drive connected to your PC. On the external hard drive, locate its drive letter (for example, “E”), and then open the Windows Settings app. Go to “Update & Security > Backup > Add a drive”, and select the drive letter for your external hard drive.
2. Create a Windows System Image Backup:
This will create a system image of your PC, including all the files and settings stored on your system. To create a system image backup, open the “Update & Security” settings, and then click “Backup > Back up now” under the “Backup” tab. From the “Back up now” window, click the “Create a system image” link, and then select the target drive and location of the image you’d like to create.
3. Use a Third-Party Backup Software:
There are plenty of third-party backup software programs available that can help you backup large files in Windows 10. You can check out some free options online, or purchase a premium software with even more features.
How do I start Windows 10 in safe mode?
To boot Windows 10 into Safe Mode:
1. Power down your computer.
2. Press the power button to start the computer and then immediately press the F8 key repeatedly until a menu appears on the screen.
3. Once the menu appears, select the "Safe Mode" option and then press Enter on your keyboard.
4. Your computer will now start in Safe Mode.
How to change mouse cursor on Windows 10?
1. Open the Settings app by pressing Windows + I.
2. Go to the Ease of Access category.
3. Select the "Cursor & Pointer" section.
4. Choose your preferred mouse cursor style from the list.
5. Click the Apply button.
6. You can also further customize your mouse cursor by adjusting the size, color, and other settings in this window.
How do you enable function keys in Windows 10?
Function keys can be enabled in Windows 10 by pressing the F Lock key located on your keyboard. Depending on the type of keyboard you have, this key may be labeled differently. Pressing the F Lock key enables the traditional 12 function keys (F1-F12) to be used in the operating system.